Monday, December 6, 2010

3 Microscopic Slide Pendants-#31, 32, 33 in a CADWCA series

Hi all my wonderful, crazy, hilarious, SWEET and lovely peeps in Bloggy Land.  I was crazy for the glass slide pendants when they all hit the stores and since I had done some stained glass a LONG time ago, I found my old soldering iron and supplies and have made quite a few. (SANTA, my iron is 30+ years old and this would be a Nice present.
I decided to make some Christmas ones for the Daughter and Myself.  I will share a secret..... get online and type in Microscopic Lab Slides.  These are what I use..CHEAP!!! I have a whole box of 200 for 7.96 and that was about 3 years ago.  But beware, these are thin and break easily, especially when you are burnishing the edges that have the copper foil on them.  Pop, Crack, Break...don't press down unless it's on a flat surface...and the hardest part is getting the jump ring on the top of the pendant for me.  A little trying in the patience department, but I love them once they are done. 
 Okay, here they are and if you have any questions, give me a ring on the email.

I printed off a vintage Santa, glittered him...of COURSE! Remember the saying?? "Glitter makes EVERYTHING, BETTER!!
Put on my words and used a Snowman punch and  inked letters spelling, "Snow" on the backs. 
Here they are all Foiled up with the Copper tape.  Sandwich your two Papers between 2 slides and squeeze really hard when your applying your copper tape.
Here the 3 are after Soldering and attached with a silver ball chain!
 Sorry for the glare..Santa are you listening?? This lady needs a new camera please!!!!
Many Blessings to all of you...

I'll be at the PARTIES, if you wanna find me today...

5 comments:

  1. I loved you but now I don't like you at all. Well that's not true...I am just jealous. I cannot solder for the life of me!! Mine all looks like the cats did it or something.

    I love the Santas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veyr cute Denise, I love santa, these turned out awesome. So how safe are these to wear, he he. You gave a wonderful tutorial, thank you!!

    Also thanks for finding me, following and linking up to my weekly party **Amaze me August** I hope you will be back with many more fun projects.

    Also THANK you for entering my giveaway. SEVEN prizes ONE WINNER. Good luck girl.

    Bella :)

    Oh and I am your newest follower too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I've seen lots of these but I love your vintage-y Santas and snowmen. they would make such a cool gift. Hey, don't they count as three projects? You are so prolific, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinking cute are these? I think I could even pull them off, and I'm jewelry-challenged. And I'd wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, I FEATURED you today, so feel free to come grab yourself a button, and display it proudly girl. I love having you link up to **Amaze me August** and I thank you so much for your support. Can't wait to see what you do next!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete