Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shabby Lil Chic Wreath!

Okay guys, I tell you how this started.  Awhile back I saw a coffee Filter wreath in Bloggyworld..Didn't save the picture or the site, SORRY, but it has just been stuck in my head.  I had about 15 coffee filters, not enough to make the wreath, so I added what paper I had.  Brown paper lunch sacks and Paper towels. 
Poured my leftover pot of coffee over ALL of them in a large bowl.  Let them sit a couple of minutes, pulled them out and put them outside to dry.  After they were totally dry, folded them in triangles and rolled into little flower looking shapes.  Stuffed!!! and I mean pushed them into a Grapevine Garland that I left rolled in a circle.
 Didn't have a wreath and it worked great, just more dense and hard to get that paper into.  Well Ladies, this is a FAVE...looks like a vintage paper, french ephemera, shabby chic...  I may glitter the heck outta the little edges, but am enjoying it's soothing, plainness right now. 

Many Blessings,
Denise
Join some great parties right here....
My Craftie Life by Melissa, Brambleberry Cottage, Tip Junkie, Southern in My Heart,  Naturally Me Creations,  While He Was Napping, Saturday Mornings,

9 comments:

  1. I love those colors! That turned out great. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Shut the front door! That is too cute! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo from the different papers you used. Not havin' enough coffee filters worked to your advantage, Denise.

    Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week.

    By the way, I just joined you as a follower. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, it turned out lovely! It'd look awesome all glittered up too! :)
    Tnx for linking up to my party! I hope to see you there again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there- this is beautiful - I absolutely love how it came out! Love the coffee filter wreaths too- but this could be a new fave! Stopping by from Vanessa's party- nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! That has to be one of my favorite coffee filter wreaths I have seen in blogland. I love the contrast of tones and having it be on a grapevine base probably makes it a lot more substantial. Thanks so much for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this
    web page, as i want enjoyment, since this this web page conations truly fastidious funny data too.


    My web page click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the
    same topics talked about in this article? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get comments from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

    Feel free to visit my blog Author's external home page.

    ..

    ReplyDelete